The Photos app on a Mac has a window with tabs for Photos, Shared, Albums and Projects. A handy sidebar is available that lets you quickly navigate images in All Photos, Last Import, Faces and your photo albums.
To display the sidebar, choose View > Show Sidebar. Click the Photos tab to view your photos grouped into moments, collections, and years. There are several ways to find and view photos:
● Year view shows your photos into yearly timelines. Click anywhere to zoom into a collection of photos.
● Collections groups your photos by shorter timeframes and places – such as photos from a holiday. Click anywhere to zoom into a moment.
● Moments are smaller groups of photos that are linked by date or location, such as a party or day trip.
● Faces organises your photos by recognising the faces of people in your photos. It will group together photos of that person.
● Location Assigning locations to photos lets you search by location.
● Keywords Add keywords to photos to help search them.
● Albums are virtual collections of photos and can be viewed by clicking the Album tab. To create an album, select a photo in either Photos or Shared views, and click Add, then select Album from the list that appears.
Open and navigate your photos
Double-click a photo to view it full-screen. Click the back/forward buttons to the next or previous photo in full-screen mode. Clicking on the toolbar button next to the zoom slider opens a side panel thumbnail view showing other photos in that moment.