Chromebooks are increasingly a great alternative to Windows or macOS, but even though the interface feels familiar, there are a few things that are a bit different. Here, we explain the useful keyboard shortcuts to help you navigate ChromeOS
With a combination of keystrokes and clicks, you’ll save a lot of time with these keyboard shortcuts for Chrome. They’re a little different than what you may be used to with Windows and Mac OS, but once you’re accustomed to the new layout, you’ll be a shortcut wizard in no time.
Below are our shortcut picks, but you can also press Ctrl+Alt+? whenever you’re signed into your Chrome device to see a map of these shortcuts on screen
Brilliant Chromebook shortcuts
- Page up Press Alt and the up arrow
- Page down Press Alt and the down arrow
- Home Press Ctrl+Alt, and the up arrow
- End Press Ctrl+Alt, and the down arrow
- Delete Press Alt+Backspace
- Toggle the bookmark bar Ctrl+Shift+B
- Search your current webpage Ctrl+F
- Open a new tab Ctrl+T
- Open a new window Ctrl+N
- Open the link you clicked in a new background tab Press Alt and click a link
- Switch to your next tab Ctrl+Tab
- Switch to your next window Alt+Tab
- Sign out of your Google Account Ctrl+Shift+Q
- Close your current tab Ctrl+W
If you're thinking about buying a Chromebook, check out our latest guides and reviews here.
Want some more help with your Chromebook? Our friendly tech team can help you with one-to-one support on a range of tech issues. Find out more here.